Best Gel Pens for Adult Coloring Books
During my wellness journey, I’ve recently fallen in love with Adult Coloring Books! So, I’m now on a quest for the best gel pens for adult coloring books! There are so many to choose from! Locally we have Michaels and Hobby Lobby. They have a great selection of things like this. Not everyone is blessed to live in an area with easy access to nice art and crafting supplies.
So, I turned to Amazon to see what they have. I do prefer to shop local. However, I find that part of my well-being is time management. I choose to spend my time in activity which promotes my well-being. Driving all over town looking for craft items, and not being sure if that item is really worth it, is frustrating to me. What I like about Amazon is the feedback area. People purchase these products and leave real feedback on the quality. After only a few minutes of searching for items, I can read reviews and know which pens are the best gel pens for adult coloring books.
I have an Amazon Prime account, so my shipping is FREE on most items. That’s really important to me, because time and budget are always a consideration!
I have ALL of the gel pens I’m sharing. I find them all nice pens to work with. I LOVE the vibrant color intensity you can acheive with gel pens. The disadvantage over using colored pencils, is they don’t last as long as the colored pencil.
My #1 pick of all time is definitely the Sakura Jelly Roll Pens! They come in a really nice storage case. There is a card that comes with them and you actually use the pens to place a sample color to identify each one so you always have a color guide for your pens. You know, sometimes you just don’t know what the real color of the pen is going to be. The colors guide on really smooth! It’s a very nice assortment of colors.
#update: Right now, it’s Christmas Eve, 2015, and I got my set of Sakura Gelly Roll Pens yesterday. I’m absolutely LOVING them. I’m working on a special post just about them. SO many things I love about this set. They are definitely an upgrade to my collecton…
#update: I still love these pens. I love the colors and the container they come in. There is also a “coloring” card where you get to do a small color swatch of each pen to match up the Pen Number. That is the COOLEST feature, and something NONE of the other pens have.
#update: AND as of today, 4/27/2016…they are STILL my favorite. I use them as well with my coaching clients.
#update 6/14/2016… still MY top pick!
LolliZ has a 48 Gel Pens Tray Set for a VERY reasonable price, and they have a 4.5/5 star rating. This set has been chosen hands down #1 by my readers according to my statistics. I love large sets of pens, because you want several shades of the same color for variation, especially with your greens if you are working with coloring books that have an assortment of leaves in the picture. You need an assortment with something like the Secret Garden adult coloring book.
Super Doodle Gel Pens
This 36 piece set, has a 4.8/5 star rating, with 326 reviews as of this evaluation. The set has 12 Glitter, 10 Metallic, 6 Pastel, 6 Neon, 1 Black and 1 White for the assortment breakdown of pens. This is the description of the set:
- PROFESSIONAL HIGH QUALITY SET: Super Doodle to the Rescue! No more skipping, smearing, or bleed through. The smooth flowing ink that is non-toxic and acid-free makes this a premium artist quality gel pen set. Whether you are using this set to add a splash of color to your doodles, embellish your scrapbook, or fill the pages of your adult coloring book… it will surely make you feel like a professional.
- BOLD AND VIBRANT COLORS: We know how much you like variety when it comes to sprucing up your artwork, so this gel pen set is designed just for you. With a number of colors to choose from, you will never get bored. Take your work to the next level with these daring and adventurous glitter, metallic, pastel, and neon colors.
- COMFORT GRIP: Sit back and enjoy the glide, take your mind away from the stress of the day. Your relaxation is of upmost importance to us and you are sure to feel at ease while doodling and coloring with the super comfort grip on these gel pens.
- CONVENIENT PACKAGING CASE: Your next spark of creativity could arise at anytime and you won’t feel stranded with this set. The convenient packaging case makes it so easy to slip your gel pens right into your bag and transport your set with you wherever you go.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your set, we’ll replace it or give you 100% of your money back, no questions asked. We’re that confident that you’ll love your new Super Doodle Gel Pen Set and will continue to use our products in the future!
For the price, you can’t go wrong on this set. I like this set too!
As I have used the Super Doodle Gel Pens, the Fiskars gel pens, and the Lolliz Gel pens, I have to be really honest. I don’t see much of a difference in those pens at all. Some of them even look like the same pens.
I also have a set of Metallic Gel pens that I’m totally in love with during my holiday coloring! LOVE these and will be purchasing more of the metallic pens. The metallic look adds a nice finish to many of the pages I’ve been coloring. I have several sets of these so I don’t run out of the metallics.
Best Colored Pencils for Coloring Books
If you want to also use colored pencils, I did a similar research for the best colored pencils for coloring books. I found Prismacolor Premier Soft Core Coloring Pencils. Out of 843 reviews, it has an 83% 5 Star Rating! I think that is phenomenal! These colors are SO vibrant! You DO need a special pencil sharpener. Regular sharpeners do NOT work well with these pencils!
#update for 6/16/2016… I still LOVE my PrismaColor Pencils! I also use a PolyChromos pencil, but these pencils are the best bang for your buck! I still purchase my pencils and pens through Amazon. I really find the best deals STILL… to this day!
You will find coloring to be very relaxing, and stress relieving! If you get overwhelmed with fine detail, then find coloring books that aren’t so overwhelming and detailed. I’ve talked about coloring books in this article!
Really, I started the WHOLE COLORING THING… to reduce stress! And it really does work! Give it a try!